£40,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are looking for an experienced Tableau Developer to work on a permanent basis as part of the new Business Intelligence team. The primary objective of this role is to provide insight to the Business Intelligence team via advanced visualisation techniques and mechanisms. It will be your duty to organise the data into a meaningful representation that will highlight core KPI’s and Drivers.
You will deliver this through developing operational and ad-hoc reports across the various data-points in our data lake. You will be tasked with designing and implementing Tableau reporting templates and providing accurate reports for informed decision making. You will possess the experience to produce high level reports in Tableau, in addition to the ability to work in a business partnering/analyst role to gather reporting requirements from stakeholders across the organisation. The role will primarily be based around Tableau Desktop development, although the successful candidate will also have experience Tableau Server administration also.
- Design and create data visualisations (reports and dashboards) as required to support stakeholder requirements
- Support the Business Intelligence/Analytics data analysts with the understanding of business and data requirements, and iteratively designs visualisations for initial concepts and prototypes that can be presented to customers for feedback
- Develop Tableau based ad hoc user Interface for end users
- Perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Defines, executes and interpret complex/nested SQL queries
- Establish standards and best practices for dashboards and related technologies
- Manage a repository of re-usable data visualisation templates and views
- Support Activities to document, evolve, and communicate artifacts developed using Tableau
- Administer Tableau server in multiple environments, as needed
- Building prototypes for demonstration and illustration purposes for peer groups, Business partners, or senior leaders.
- Collaborating with other BI team members around data/table structures to optimise for Tableau Dashboards and other self-service needs.
- Supporting peers and stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting and analysis of results.
- Acting as mentor and Tableau SME for other Tableau users across the company.
- Looking for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices as a BI Analyst.
- Maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction through the implementation, investigation, analysis, training and relationship building efforts.
- Clearly communicating and driving discussions on data and insights, context, and implications with business and technology partners.
- Documenting and communicating technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimised techniques, queries, and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
- Participate in BI Reporting Workshops
- Must have 2 - 3 years’ experience with a visualisation tool
- Degree level education
- Competent in SQL
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Experience of Tableau
- ABCMD (advantageous)
Please enquire immediately for further details!