Technical Support Specialist
£180 - £190 per day
Our client, an energy related business, is looking for a technical support specialist on a contract basis initially for 3 months, but very likely to renew.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Set up, install and maintain desktop, laptop & print hardware/software plus peripherals.
- Set up and maintain site network file structures, access rights, network security, network users, network printing and desktop user environments.
- Troubleshoot and repair problems with the site network, server and telephony infrastructure.
- Responsible for network and server uptime.Non-business hour time may be required to repair and troubleshoot problems in order to provide efficient, quality service.
- Ability to support core Microsoft business software: Office 2013/2016, Windows 7/10, SfB & IE.
- Setup and support of Android and IOS devices.
- Install, configure and support the LAN, WAN and wireless networking devices with specific reference to Cisco/Meraki hardware.
- Maintain standards around antivirus protection, general software licensing, approved software and hardware use.
- Ensure all technical support related activities comply with the global compliance standards and procedures.
- Provide end-user technical support onsite and using remote tools (primarily TeamViewer).
- Provide end user training and assist with new joiner onboarding.
- Maintain site hardware/software inventories and assist with the audit of site hardware and software.
- Assist with system backups and disaster recovery plans.
- Escalate issues and concerns to the IT Manager or IT Director as appropriate.
- Document all support calls for systems performance and metrics reporting.
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors as part of resolving support issues and project work.
If you have the skills and knowledge, please do apply asap as interviews will happen this week.