Underwriter (Marine Hull & Cargo)
South East London (SE1)
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Underwriter, Marine Underwriter
Location: London Bridge
Salary: £60,000-£70,000 + Equity + Benefits:
- Employee share scheme
- Regular pay reviews
- Loft office a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market, and with a pub literally on their doorstep. The office has access to facilities such as: on-site café/bar, bicycle storage and shower rooms
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed
- Quarterly dinners, birthday cakes and social events
- Pension scheme – generous matched contribution
- Plus, they’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after employees and will encourage you to go to them when you have an idea or needs
As the Underwriter you should have experience underwriting marine hull (& cargo) business;
- You should be passionate about technology and its ability to create the positive change necessary for its sustainability.
- You will have worked as an underwriter, or directly with underwriters, so you’ll be acutely aware of the trading conditions, and of the ways insurers have sought to distinguish themselves as a result.
- You love the idea of being part of a creative working environment, where the strength of your ideas and how you communicate them are the only barriers to effecting change.
- Marine Hull (& Cargo) Underwriter (bonus points for Pricing Actuary experience)
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel for Data Analysis
- Confident and effective communication with all market participants and at varying levels of seniority
If you're an Underwriter who's skilled in Marine Hull (& Cargo) and keen to find out more, please apply now!