London, South East
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
£50,000 - £60,000
An online business in Canary Wharf are looking for UX Designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall design style, typography, iconography and functionality of products.
UX Designer Role Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for mobile and desktop devices and interfaces
- Define and communicate visual style language and style guides for digital products
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to new and existing functions, features and capabilities
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Facilitate design workshops and support user testing and research sessions
- Work within Scrum/Kanban environments with agile process flows
- Establish and promote quality design, best practices and standards in software
UX Designer Role Requirements
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with distributed teams and other stakeholders, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
£50,000 - £50,000